Mary O’Connell from NE Edinburgh LOOPS will be at Portobello with an information
stand on Monday 29th May 2017 from 8.30 – 11.00. She will have a variety of information
leaflets with her
NHS Lothian Outpatient Waiting Times can be found here
Walking Aid Self Referral from 4th January
Target patient group
· Routine patients who require a new walking aid assessment.
What is not appropriate?
· Patients with complex mobility needs.
· Patients who have had a significant deterioration in their mobility.
· Patients whose main complaint is pain.
This group of patients would require a comprehensive physiotherapy assessment, and
should be referred in the usual way through SCI gateway.
What if the patient already has a walking aid but it is faulty or needs replaced?
· If a patient has a walking aid that was provided by The Edinburgh Community Equipment
Stores, within the past 3 years; which is now faulty, that patient may contact them
0131 529 6300 to arrange a replacement.
We would like to apologise for the building works next door, and any disruption to
our usual car parking facilities. The site Manager hopes to have work completed by
the end of April. Towards the end of the building works we will be closing our car
park for resurfacing and the installation of bike racks and a new surgery sign.
We will endeavour to keep the car park closure to a minimum.